Sign In


Not registered?

Class 129 Cravens Parcel DMU Cars


Introduced: 1958
Coupling code: Yellow Diamond
Underframe: 57ft 6in
Engines: AEC 150hp
Transmission: Mechanical


Class 129

Ordered for the LMR, only three of these cars were built, with a then non-standard coupling code so that they could be compatible on duties with 79xxx vehicles, particulary in West Cumberland. They did see some use there but but were mainly used in the Manchester area based at NH, although on occasions worked south as far as Stafford or Wolverhampton. Laterly based at Chester they were withdrawn by 1973.

One was used by the Railway Technical Centre for hydraulic transmission and brake testing.

None survive.

© RAILCAR.co.uk 1998 - 2017