Sc50342 at Montrose, probably on a Dundee service. Undated. The red colour of the seat covering can be clearly seen. Tony Wilkins.
Sc50342 stabled in Haymarket depot. It's DTC is in blue livery. Undated. Tony Wilkins.
SC50342 in-between two Cravens vehicles at Falkirk Grahamston. Date unknown. Hamish Stevenson.
M50342 at Newton Heath depot in 1977, attached to a Class 104 vehicle. Ian Francis.
The 12:10 to Birmingham Moor Street is seen departing from Leamington Spa on 28/04/1978. It is formed of Class 100 M50342, Class 108 M56267 and Class 105 M50812. Visible behind is Class 122 55006. Graeme Phillips Collection.
M50342 and a Class 105 DTC leave Stalybridge on the 3rd September 1981. Malcolm Clements.
A Class 100/105 hybrid, the DMBS believed to be M50342. Taken at Stalybridge on the 3rd September 1981. Malcolm Clements.
With "Handbrake Off" painted on the side, there seems little intention of using 50343 again when seen at Tyseley on 8/11/81. It had in fact been withdrawn in September that year. Chris Lings.
50346 at Cromer Beach on the 7th June 1975. It had recently been re-instated, having been withdrawn in October 1972. David Faircloth.
M50348 at Strines on 11th November 1978 with a New Mills Central - Manchester Piccadilly service. The second window on the side appears to be missing and boarded over. Robert Chilton.
M50349 heads a train at Nuneaton (TV - Abley St. spur) in 1965. Michael Mensing.
A Gloucester twin is seen at Manchester Piccadilly, with 50352 closest. Date unknown. Ian Francis.
53355 at Cheetam Hill with 53812, 24/8/84. Jerry Glover.
Standing in Manchester Victoria on 17th December 1985 with a service for Blackburn is a hybrid unit that had a bit of a following around the Manchester area. It comprised of a 1957 Gloucester built class 100 DMBS (M53355) and 1958 built Cravens class 105 DMCL (M53812), both cars were asbestos free which was the reason they were to be the last of their class in service. They were withdrawn towards the end of 1988. Andrew J Crowther.
The final 100/105 hybrid set 53355 / 53812 leaving Preston in 1986. The top marker lamp appears to have a red bulb in it, and a Class 127 parcels set is on the right. Gery Miller.
The last Class 100 in passenger service M53355, paired with the last class 105 Cravens unit in service, M53812 forming a Blackburnl service at Manchester Victoria on 17 February 1986. This Newton Heath-allocated unit at the time was I believe the last BR DMU to carry a traditional tail lamp, as seen in this view, in place of marker lights. They were at one time earmarked for preservation by the National Railway Museum, probably the reason why they remained in service for so long after the other class members had been withdrawn, but a change of policy at the museum saw them consigned for scrap. They did have a brief spell of fame, achieving celebrity status due to their survival long after other class 100 and 105 units. Gordon Edgar.
53355 and 53812 are seen in Manchester Victoria on the 22nd March 1986. Paul Moxon.
Entrusted to working the days Stockport-Stalybridge shuttle services, standing in Stockport's platform 3a is a hybrid unit that had a bit of a following around the Manchester area, it comprised of a 1957 Gloucester built class 100 DMBS (M53355) and 1958 built Cravens class 105 DMCL (M53812), both cars were asbestos free which was the reason they were the last of their class in service, they were withdrawn towards the end of 1988, its nice to see that the destination blind is set correctly, a month later this blind had disappeared. 9th January 1988. Andrew J Crowther.
Standing in Manchester Piccadilly's platform 3 on the 20th February 1988 is a hybrid unit that had a bit of a following around the Manchester area. It comprised of 1957 Gloucester built Class 100 DMBS (M53355) and 1958 built Cravens Class 105 DMCL (M53812). Both cars were asbestos free which was the reason they were the last of their class in service, they were withdrawn towards the end of 1988. Andrew J Crowther.
53355 and 53812 labelled N699, are seen at Stalybridge on the 11:xx shuttle to Stockport, 18th June 1988. Gazza Prescott.