Class 127 DMBS's stabled on Newton Heath, partially converted (no roller shutter doors) for a new life as Express Parcels units. Taken from a passing train in Autumn 1985. On Tour With the Class 13 Army.
A Class 127 Parcels unit heads for Piccadilly, through Victoria station at 13:06 on the 27th June 1985. This working was previously done with a Class 128 propelling a GUV. Paul Moxon.
127 parcels set 3 (presumably 913) at Newton Heath on 17th July 1985. Michael Kaye 55A.
Class 127 parcel set 917 (55977 + 55987) is seen stabled at Blechley on the afternoon of Saturday 12th April 1986. Colin Brooks.
Converted parcels DMU 55970/55980 at Bletchley on 22 September 1986. Lewis Bevan.
55966 at Buxton. Date unknown. Chris Lings.
55966 (51591) is on the rear of parcels set 920 at Manchester Victoria. Undated. Malcolm Clements.
Class 127 parcels set 55966 + 55967 at Chester depot on the 21st April 1986. Hamish Stevenson.
The drivers controls of a Class 127. This was 55966 at Bletchley in 1987. Graham Baker.
The plaque fitted to 55966 (ex-51591) celebrating it's high mileage - an average of 52,000 miles a year, a thousand miles a week! Graham Baker.
Retro-green Class 127 parcels vehicle 55966 at Bletchley in 1987. Graham Baker.
55966, 55967 and 47357 in Preston station on 22-05-87. Vincent Haworth.
Seen at Buxton on the 10th June 1988 is Longsight allocated Class 127 parcels DMU set 920, 55966 (51591) closest. The plaque by the drivers window reads "1959 1250,000 miles 1983". Andrew J Crowther.
Derby class 127 2-car diesel-hydraulic parcels unit 920 (M55966 & M55967) of Longsight Diesel TMD at Crewe station - 08/1988. 53A Models of Hull Collection.
In 1985, 22 redundant power Class 127 ex-Bedford-St.Pancras (Bed Pan) diesel-hydraulic cars, including the first built, No.51591, were rebuilt to form 11 two-car parcels units and repainted into BR green livery. Vehicles were renumbered 55966-987, and formed into sets 910 to 920. They were fitted with roller shutter doors and were based at Chester depot. They lasted in service until withdrawal in 1989. Unit 55966, seen here at Bletchley on 29th August 1988 in the company of 55967, was converted from unit 'Bed-Pan' unit No.51591, and was subsequently preserved at the Midland Railway Centre upon withdrawal from BR service. Gordon Edgar.
The plaque records that as M51591 it achieved 1.25 million miles in service, taken at Manchester Victoria on 8/10/88. Paul Moxon.
Converted class 127 M55966 + M55967 heads south past the site of Finedon station on the 12th April 1989. Mike Dean.
Class 127 parcels vehicles stored at Crewe on 29th December 1989, including green set 920 formed of 55966 and 55967. Michael Kaye 55A.
Class 127 parcels units stored at Crewe on 29th December 1989, including green vehicle 55966, which has had its "1,250,000 miles" plaque removed. Michael Kaye 55A.
55966 at Crewe Basford Hall in January 1990. Note the 'B' after the set number - its partner 55967 carried the letter 'A'. S Gaskell.